1:28Understanding the NFT art boom and how it provides an opportunity for creators across all mediums
– Jessica Santiago, Founder, ArtRepublic Global
– Michael Osei-Wusu (aka Indigo Suave), Film Director & Visual Artist
– Ben Heim, Audio Visual Artist & Composer
3:54Diving into NFTs, screens, and the future of the digital art experience
– Lesley Silverman, Head of Web3, United Talent Agency
– Erick Calderon, Founder & CEO, Art Blocks
– Avner Ronen, Vice President, Product Development, Samsung Electronics
6:48 + 9:38Building a Samsung community in Decentraland, Roblox, and Discord
– Michelle Crossan-Matos, CMO, Samsung Electronics America
– Sukhmani Mohta, Head of Display Marketing, Samsung Electronics America
– Vince Giella, Brand Experience, Samsung Electronics America
– Keith Soljacich, Head of Innovation, Publicis Media
– Brian Brown, Vice President, Senior Group Creative Director, Razorfish
– Tammy Pepito, Vice President, Social & Content Marketing, Razorfish
14:13Celebrating the incredible women creating on the blockchain
– Gianna Valenti, Director of Marketing Partnerships, Spatial
– Adriana Hoppenbrouwer, Co-Founder & COO, The Fabricant
Art is having a renaissance – digital art that is. And this renaissance is being led by non-fungible tokens, aka NFTs. These forms of non-replicable digital assets with a market that surpassed $40 billion in 2021 are disrupting traditional art-market dynamics. NFTs are sold and traded using cryptocurrency and are inherently secure because of the decentralized nature of blockchains, which they’re stored on. And blockchains are an integral part of Web3 and the metaverse.
Coinciding with NFT.NYC, Samsung kicked off our own 837/NEXT event series that brought together the NFT community to discuss the future of the NFTs and the Web3 experience. But how exactly are NFTs and Web3 reshaping the art experience? Will they pave the way for a new creator-forward model? And can the emerging industry leave behind the complex legacy of the traditional art world by fostering greater diversity and inclusion? For this special episode of ‘Innovation Without Boundaries,’ Samsung goes behind the scenes to unpack the thought-provoking takeaways directly from a heavy-hitting roster of NFT experts.
“A lot of people don’t realize what a revolution blockchain is for digital artists. At the very core, what NFTs do is allow the trading of digital assets. So much of what we do is online like with social media, and, in retrospect, we had to come to a point eventually where we could place monetary value on digital assets.” – Ben Heim, Audio Visual Artist and Composer
“We’re a brand that really celebrates the gaming culture – and community is a key aspect of that. of it. Our Samsung US Discord server was a natural way for us to build a very community-centric touchpoint. The gaming element of our server is designed to provide a space for our community to interact with each other, with gaming creators and other brand ambassadors, as well as with Samsung.” – Sukhmani Mohta, Head of Display Marketing, Samsung Electronics America
About the Podcast
Recorded from Samsung 837, our flagship experience center located in the heart of NYC’s Meatpacking District, Samsung Electronics America is back with a fifth episode of our Innovation Without Boundaries podcast, which explores how we’re solving evolving consumer and societal needs through new innovations and creating a more enriched, equitable, and sustainable future.
The post [Podcast] Understanding NFTs & the Opportunities for Creators appeared first on Samsung US Newsroom.